Banana splits never get old.
Overnight oats never get old.
Why not marry the two and have an all-American dessert for breakfast?
These Banana Split Overnight Oats are quite the breakfast treat. They’re perfect to tuck into on a wintry and couch-ridded Saturday morning, while you’re encased in a blanket cocoon with a tea nearby. That’s if you reside in Melbourne, of course. If you’re anywhere else in the world remotely sunny/not utterly miserable, you might even be able to enjoy your oats outside…
Banana Split Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (organic if possible)
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1/3- 1/2 cup milk of choice (I use coconut-rice milk), or a combination of water & milk
- 1/4 cup natural full-fat yoghurt (five:am organics do the best organic yoghurts EVER!)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 heaped tsp shredded coconut
- sweetener, to taste (stevia for sugar-free, or rice malt syrup/pure maple syrup)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2-3 heaped tbs raw cacao powder, or to taste
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- sliced banana
- extra yoghurt (I use five:am organics)
- My Toasted Chocolate, Coconut & Almond Granola
- crushed roasted peanuts
- drizzle of cacao-peanut butter (I use Mayver’s brand)
- Combine all ‘overnight oats’ ingredients except the mashed banana, cacao powder and sweetener. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, combine the overnight oats with the mashed banana and cacao. Add desired sweetener to taste.
- In a tall glass, create layers by alternating with the oats, sliced banana, yoghurt and granola. Top with a drizzle of cacao-peanut butter and a sprinkle of crushed peanuts. Dig in!